GCET Ganderbal, Kashmir offers Undergraduate programme (B.Tech. in Core branches of Engineering). The admission to B. Tech. course is based on the merit of a candidate in CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BoPEE), J&K Govt.
Candidates selected by J&K BOPEE who seek admission in First Semester of 4 years B.Tech. Degree have to visit the temporary Campus located at Government Degree College Sumbal, District Bandipora with all original documents listed below. Selected candidates can collect the Admission form from the admission section of the college and deposit the same along with the bank challan and requisite documents after proper scrutinization by the Admission Committee constituted by the College. The candidates must complete all the formalities of admission by or before the last date as notified by BOPEE.
List of required documents
The Candidates selected by BOPEE for B.Tech, Session 2019-20 for Government College of Engineering and Technology, Safapora Ganderbal, Kashmir are required to keep the following documents ready in original along with two Self Attested copies of each document below:
- Admit card of CET-2019 issued by the BOPEE.
- Marks certificate of 10+2 Examination (Qualifying Examination).
- Matriculation Certificate.
- Provisional Certificate of 10 + 2.
- Migration Certificate from the Board/University, where from the candidate has passed the qualifying examination (wherever applicable).
- Discharge Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended or Police Station (Valid for six months).
- Medical Fitness Certificate from the Office of Director Health & Medical Services/Government Hospital.
- Category Certificate issued by the Authorised Authority in terms of the relevant SRO as amended from time to time.
- State Subject Certificate.
- Income Certificate (For Govt. employee issued by the concerned DDO and for others from concerned Tehsildar).
- Ten (10) Passport size Photographs.
- Online Anti-Ragging Affidavits. For information, log on www. amanmovement.Org
- An Undertaking as appended at “A” in the Admission form from the candidate on Stamp Paper worth Rs.10/- duly attested by 1st Class Magistrate.
- An Undertaking from the candidates, as appended at “B” in the admission form on stamp paper worth Rs. 10/-duly attested by 1st Class Magistrate, who have passed 12th class examination other than J & K BOSE and from the candidates who were previously studying/passed B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/ Professional Examination from different Universities of J&K State in addition to Undertaking “A” as shown in column (14) above.
- The requisite Admission fee shall be deposited in the College after getting the documents verified by Admission Committee.
- The students selected by the BOPEE J&K for undergoing B.Tech Degree course through this College under Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in pursuance to Govt Circular No. 19-GAD of 2019 Dt.30.03.2019 shall produce the Income and Assets Certificate duly attested by the prescribed Competent Authority.
- The students selected by the BOPEE J&K for undergoing B.Tech Degree Course through this college under TFW Category shall not be charged Tuition Fee in 1st semester only subject to production of required Income Certificate in original to be issued by the concerned revenue authority.
Selected candidates who will not report for admission within the specified time as notified by BOPEE are liable to forfeit their right of admission and their seat will be referred to BOPEE for further filling-up from other eligible candidates in the next round.
The candidate seeking admission must be accompanied by his/her parents/guardian at the time of admission as he/she shall have to fill and sign the responsibility of his/her ward.
Note:- The Candidates will not be entertained with Admission incase his/her Application Form is found deficit of any of the documents as enlisted above.
1) Every student on being admitted shall be issued an Identity Card. He/She will have to keep the Identity Card in his/her possession all the time and shall produce on demand by any member of the College staff anywhere in the College premises.
2) The loss of Identity Card should be reported immediately.
3) A new Identity Card shall not be ordinarily issued. However, after proper verification/formalities, a duplicate identity card may be issued.
4) Identity Card must be returned after the completion of B. Tech. Degree.
- No outsider is allowed to enter the College without a valid reason.
- Unlawful assembly of the students in the College is not allowed.
- Writing of graffiti on the walls or sticking of posters is a cognizable offence.
- Ragging in any form, within or outside the College Campus is a cognizable offence and the students indulging in this practice will be severely punished, even to the extent of being expelled from the College.
- Students resorting to unfair means in any examination are liable to be issued a bad Character Certificate.
- Students shall park their vehicles strictly in the parking lot earmarked for students.