GCET Ganderbal, Kashmir offers Undergraduate programme (B.Tech. in Core branches of Engineering). The admission to B. Tech. course is based on the merit of a candidate in CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BoPEE), J&K Govt.
Candidates selected by J&K BOPEE who seek admission in First Semester of 4 years B.Tech. Degree have to visit GCET Safapora with all original documents listed below. Selected candidates can collect the Admission form from the admission section of the college and deposit the same along with the bank challan and requisite documents after proper scrutinization by the Admission Committee constituted by the College. The candidates must complete all the formalities of admission by or before the last date as notified by BOPEE.
List of required documents
The Candidates selected for B.Tech. Degree Course, Session 2021-22 in Government College of Engineering and Technology, Safapora Ganderbal, Kashmir are required to submit the following documents in original along with two Self Attested photo copies:
- Marks certificate of 10+2 Examination (Qualifying Examination).
- Marks card 10th.
- Provisional Certificate of 10 + 2.
- Migration Certificate from the Board/University, where from the candidate has passed the qualifying examination (wherever applicable).
- Discharge Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended or Police Station (Valid for six months).
- Medical Fitness Certificate from the Office of Director Health & Medical Services/Government Hospital.
- Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in terms of the relevant SRO as amended from time to time.
- Domicile Certificate of UT of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Photostat copy of Bank Passbook of the candidate showing 16 digit Account Number, Name and Branch of the Bank.
- Ten (10) Passport size Photographs. The name and JK CET rank of candidate must be written at bottom front of each photograph.
- Online Anti-Ragging Affidavits. For information, log on amanmovement.Org /index/infopack.
- An Undertaking as appended at annexure “A” in the Admission form from the candidate duly attested by 1st Class Magistrate/Notary.
- An Undertaking as appended at annexure “B” in the admission form, duly attested by 1st Class Magistrate/Notary from the candidate who have passed 12th class examination other than J & K BOSE and from the candidates who were previously studying/passed B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/ Professional Examination from different Universities of J&K State in addition to Undertaking “A” as shown in column (13).
- The students selected by J&K BOPEE for undergoing B.Tech Degree course through this College under Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in pursuance to Government Circular No. 19-GAD of 2019 Dt.30.03.2019 shall produce the Income and Assets Certificate duly attested by the prescribed Competent Authority.
- The students selected by J&K BOPEE for undergoing B.Tech Degree Course through this college under TFW Category shall not be charged Tuition Fee in 1st semester only, subject to production of required Tuition Fee Certificate in original to be issued by the concerned revenue authority.
- The requisite Admission fee shall be deposited in JK Bank Safapora through a pay-in slip attested by the College after getting the documents verified by Admission Committee.
- The Candidates found deficit of any of the above listed documents will not be entertained for Admission.
1) Every student on being admitted shall be issued an Identity Card. He/She will have to keep the Identity Card in his/her possession all the time and shall produce on demand by any member of the College staff anywhere in the College premises.
2) The loss of Identity Card should be reported immediately.
3) A new Identity Card shall not be ordinarily issued. However, after proper verification/formalities, a duplicate identity card may be issued.
4) Identity Card must be returned after the completion of B. Tech. Degree.
- No outsider is allowed to enter the College without a valid reason.
- Unlawful assembly of the students in the College is not allowed.
- Writing of graffiti on the walls or sticking of posters is a cognizable offence.
- Ragging in any form, within or outside the College Campus is a cognizable offence and the students indulging in this practice will be severely punished, even to the extent of being expelled from the College.
- Students resorting to unfair means in any examination are liable to be issued a bad Character Certificate.
- Students shall park their vehicles strictly in the parking lot earmarked for students.